The Apocalypse--A Revelation ... Chapter Fourteen (first draft)




The Apocalypse--A Revelation ... Chapter Fourteen (first draft)


Sabrina sat on floral cushions
in her window's seat
patterned to compliment her comforter
Tuscan style bedroom suite.

Lights low enjoying a whistling wind blowing
in it swept into her room
designed by this petite young woman
experiencing sweet and sour tastes

of a love in full bloom.

White sheers in flight
a wispy sight to heighten her regained peace of mind
after an uplifting exchange this afternoon

which even now, four hours later
remains unchanged.

A knock on her door interrupts her reverie divine.

Kim, her mom, peeks in her sleek black head
intertwined with bits of gray spread

waiting for an invite
to cross a once well-defined borderline.

"Hey, mom!... Come on in."

"Just brought you some tea and toast."
Her hip pushing open the door
as she looked around, as if to explore.

"Are you going to share some too?
I would love to spend this time with you.

Take a seat here." Sabrina implored.

Sabrina makes room
from the window Kim to peer.

"Obrigada, querida...
I mean... thank you, dear."

Kim balances her cup on her lap
with buttered toast between them.

Gazes at her lovely daughter
amazed at how much she resembles him,
her beloved husband.

She then turns to look out the window
at a beautiful partly cloudy sky.

"Querida, como foi o sua dia?
Just what did you do after I was unable
to attend the meeting too?"

Which really wasn't a complete lie.

Sabrina sets down her hot tea so as not to spill
as animated she becomes with today's story to tell.

"Well, when you didn't go with me to the Portuguese hall
I thought to my old English meeting I would go
to see my other friends I've grown to love. That I know."

Yet, that was not all.

"Is there more reason to me show
since I've seen you a bit agitated

for days
without your wonderful face to glow.

Yet, today I hear you humming a little tune.

I am so happy
your joy to resume."

Sabrina, leans in swiftly to hug her mother.
Surprising them both, since Kim's really no 'hugger'.

"Well, to be perfectly honest with you, mom.
I went there with a mission to assume
regarding my friend, Wayne.

I remembered James 5:14, 15 which retains:

"Is there anyone sick among you?
Let him call the elders of the congregation to him,
and let them pray over him,
applying oil to him in the name of Jehovah.

And the prayer of faith will make the sick one well,
and Jehovah will raise him up.

Also, if he has committed sins,
he will be forgiven."

But before talking with two elders
who know both of us well
my eyes squirted oceans their way

yes, my heart started to swell!" Sabrina exclaimed
after seeing Kim's eyes buck

her hand to her mouth covered a yelp, "Oh!"
quickly quelled.

"Why this you do?
You no worry he become upset with you?" Kim asks amazed.

"He already is. So I thought they could help.

After explaining my feelings
I felt light as a balloon." Sabrina lifts
plaid pajama arms high.

"Why when in I came
you still look in a daze?"

Kim giggles.
Then stops to lightly scratch her scalp.
Her expression puzzled.

"Just what did they say?"

"They read me scriptures
to comfort my gloom. And redirected my thinking
with questions to ask myself

truth not to deny.

When they finished, though not really to pry
I realized I needed to vent since Daddy's death.

I took on Wayne as a project
instead of concentrating on how to save myself.

They already had an eye on Wayne.
Told me it was good to be concerned with his pain.

But don't forget I have a lot to lose
though much to gain if I allow the elders
to shepherd the flock

which includes me as a young person.

This is what they do gladly.
Why they sometimes go away to be trained.

Then I remembered late nights dad would arrive
tired, pensive, sometimes worried... he even once cried."

"Yes, I remembered those times, Sabrina.

How it hurt my pride... I guess I was selfish.
Didn't know how it to hide.

Why I didn't want you to follow in his steps.
Though, he always wanted you to decide

he always you with him kept."

Sabrina grabbed her mother
held her as a child, not seeing this endearment
caused Kim happy to smile.

"I am so sorry mom, this was how you felt."

This way they sat for a minute
when Sabrina began to quote Isaiah 32:1, 2:

"Look! A king will reign for righteousness,
And princes will rule for justice.

And each one will be like a hiding place from the wind,
A place of concealment from the rainstorm,

Like streams of water in a waterless land,

Like the shadow of a massive crag
in a parched land." Said about Wayne's elders
and her new elders who

did as 1 Peter 5: 2 admonishes elders to do.

Again Sabrina quotes:

"Shepherd the flock of God
under your care, serving as overseers,

not under compulsion, but willingly before God;
not for love of dishonest gain,

but eagerly."

Kim sits up to go and refresh their tea
suddenly giddy and filled with glee.

"Guess what, querida!... Guess who came to me see.

Two of the new elders,
though really, I think, they weren't looking for me.

After they finished talking
with them I did agree
to study with one wife

next week!" She slipped out the door
before the pillow hit her

Sabrina yells: "That's
for waiting to tell me this good news

for which I've waited
an eternity!

As Sabrina basks in her mother's new decision
she texts Wayne, who she feels holds her
in complete and horrid derision.

Wayne: here's one of your favorites
your focus to maintain...https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtMorningWorship/pub-jwb_201708_12_VIDEO

I've got a lot to tell.
Mom's about to study... How about that!
A spiritual sister I hope to soon gain.

Please forgive me for causing you pain.
I will leave you to work out your own future.

Though always praying for you to forever remain.
Love Sabrina...


Although, as she watches the horizon
she remembers how the brothers concluded:

"Sabrina,

In making wise decisions,
you do best to follow biblical advise
then you'll keep Jehovah as your father

loving you eternally

shielded from tragic casualties
caused by youthful mistakes
ignorantly made

bringing you intense suffering
and horrible strife

If you: "Above all the things that you guard,
safeguard your heart,

For out of it
are the sources of life."

Yet, face-to-face with Wayne
just what will Sabrina's heart really decide?...TO BE CONT'D

Comments

Popular Posts