The Apocalypse--A Revelation ... Chapter Twenty-Five (first draft)



The Apocalypse--A Revelation ... Chapter Twenty-Five (first draft)


https://allpoetry.com/poem/13570054-The-Apocalypse--A-Revelation-...-Chapter-Twenty-Four-by-Lucretia-Mccloud

A soft glow from a gracious moon
filtered lace sheers hung
from two windows large paned
in Sabrina's French country inspired room

as quite content she lay
top a comforter contemplatingly splayed
thankful

for a successful conclusion
to a lengthy discussion with Kim her mom

no longer in anxious fright cautiously delayed.

Instead, she pondered tomorrow's dress
to Wayne's eyes impress
so as to converse with him about a topic
agitating her core

sadly sore.

Maybe the soft swede shirtdress in teal blue
with her paisley heeled boots and top coat paisley too.

Hair left curly, full and free
but neck scarfed in red silk matching lips
to help him my valid point see.

A spritz of jasmine perfume
to mellow for now

my handsome groom.

I'll suggest Italiana Delight,
but if Wayne wants another restaurant
I'll not wrangle or peevishly fight

but will demonstrate compliance
to another's personal right

especially since I desired to confront
with an urgency butterflying my stomach
in understandable fright.

Then after a glass of sparkling cider
I'll broach the subject of Kim in delicacy.
Hoping for an answer of why he chose
to her approach about our heavenly hope
she to prematurely enlighten expediently

which could have shadowed
mom's and my budding relationship
to a bush stripped suddenly

by this unforeseen blight.

Though,

I can't image that he'll comfortably sit
for me to convey all that Kim and I
had discussed earlier that day.

How we sat face-to-face
while she refilled our teacups
and we swiped powdered sugar
dripped from cookies laced.

Deliciously stuffed
before a cozy fire on pillows
not rough after a start

gripping Kim's motherly heart.

I prayed silently and swiftly
then began with Dan. 2:44
a scripture to her now familiar

her bible in hand.

“In the days of those kings
the God of heaven will set up a kingdom
that will never be destroyed.

And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people.

It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms,
and it alone will stand forever".

"Kim," I said, "that kingdom government
is soon to cleanse our land.
Ruling from heaven since 1914
it'll fulfill this prophecy just stated

glorious and grand."

"But, querida, this I now know,
just won't you proceed
to fill me in on how you
fit into this heavenly picture?"

"It was like the text for today said.
This is what I felt. It was as I read.

"You people must be born again." John 3:7 stated.

Before receiving this personal witness from God’s spirit,
anointed Christians, as Wayne and I,

cherished an earthly hope.

We longed for the time when
Jehovah would cleanse this earth.

Pictured ourselves welcoming back dad
from the grave.

You, me and he living in the homes that we built
whether in majestic mountains or over a river on stilts.

Eating various fruits of many trees we planted
unafraid of death or any deadly disease. Isa. 65:21-23.

Why did our thinking change?

Had we become dissatisfied with our earthly hope?

No.

We, or I did not change my mind
because of emotional turmoil or stress.

Or leaving some wicked deeds behind.

Did not give up on this land, thinking:

"I'd find living forever on earth
to be tiresome or boring."

Did not merely want to explore
some new frontier in heaven
God to open his door.

Rather, God’s spirit called me,
I was invited to be adopted as a son.

To understand why
I will have to die

and experience this heavenly resurrection
already begun.

So wonderfully provided.

Then I will understand
God's purpose in me calling.

A new work under Christ's command.

With them, in my faithfulness,
to be then decided."

This conversation tomorrow to Wayne I'll express
stressing a need for him
to Kim of me
definitely to speak less

until she's more firmly progressed
these deeper conversations
to maturely digest.

But happy I am with how things transpired.

The rest of our day
in each other's company
enjoyably spent

until she
recently to bed
just retired.

Though,
of Wayne she did slyly hint
before parting:

"Is Wayne the one, querida
whom your mind seeks
and your purpose is bent

to always provide
food for your hunger or
dollars for your rent?"
... TO BE CONT'D 11/1/17

Comments

Popular Posts