If This My last Day Be . . .


If This My Last Day Be . . .


If this is my last day on earth:
I pray my life gave value,

worth.

Hope to many.
Given birth.

A ransom paid
for all obedient mankind made--
for a paradise renewed

6, 000 years ago began
after disobedience ensued.

Christ gave for me and you.

But soon now to spread
across our glorious land
of waterfalls, dandelions, mountains regal
wild horses, kittens, and ice cream dripping
to take me back.

At six years old
I knew a coldness existed in this world
that 

sometimes makes you feel solitary
through-in-through as you walk among many
with these feelings too.

Yet, there is a brotherhood
I did know

that comforted me
even when not in their presence
allowed to go.

I pray that words given me to write
to heal the hurt of meek ones
fighting to do what's right

would inspire them
truth to pursue
despite the cost

in this time of darkness.
There is light.

Yes, true, death is an enemy.
But righteousness should be our boss.

For Jah and Christ will bring back to life.

Until that time
no more bitterness or strife.

Give my cat a comfortable secure home.
Once homeless, she gave me sweet company.

She too needs not to ever walk alone.

Comments

Popular Posts