A Travesty

[ Wrestling day in and out ]

Wrestling day in and out
With desires bad which always win
No matter how much I pray.

I try again another day.
Think hard upon another way.

Yet, here I am. And here I stay.
No matter what, come what may.

I see so many overcome
tragedies and addictions of a greater sum.

They don't look back
and fast they run to out distance their vices.

'Eat my dust' their new motto.

I wish I had what they have
instead of weakness
camouflaged in gin and rum.

O how do I spin this depend on failure's grin
to sink me lower

snide in it's deride of my lack of strength to complete a change for good?

My determination to begin coming slower and slower.

'Defeated' my clostest friend.

Why do I lack motive and drive
when others once behind me now fly right on by?

I raise my palms and eyes constantly
to ths skies... "Why?... O why can't I too soar above my excuses?... Why must I always to them comply?


I'm sick and tired of all the ruses.
Of every little and big lie to myself:

"I gave it my best!... Didn't I?"

Did I?

When do I pray?
Before or after my mistakes?

What changes in my associates do I take

to master my errors taking me into night wets screaming in terror waiting for the ax to fall on my neck... Chop! Chop!

"Take that for being a fake!"

Bolt upright I sit
flicking the switch.

And right there on the table is my mirror I avoid like broccoli wilted to toss in a ditch.

I prefer ice cream, or burgers
simpler to fix.

Not time spent digging in my dirt to plant a garden of good qualities which would help energize me to leap over the fence of fail

in which
to prevail

when partnered with those who quelled their bad habits.

For encouragement is needed to succeed.

"Go ahead!... Good work!... You're coming along."

Not, "Here. Have some. Or,... What's the matter with you? I thought you were cooler."

If you race with those taking the lead
in righteousness, humility
frowned upon by a majority

those who, even if they stumble, get back up to proceed

then you also
in deed
will be

the person you'd never believed you'd see.

Take it from me.

We've all been there; are there
in different degrees.

But God's Word directs us on how to grow
the 'fruitages of the spirit':

"love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control.

Against such things there is no law."

In association with others' who'll help you know the path to a better you and future.

Not to remain embued with "the works of the flesh":

which are "plainly seen,

and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these."

For, "those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom."

And wouldn't that be a travesty?
A

Comments

Popular Posts