A True Friend




"A true friend
shows love at all times

And is a brother
who is born for times of distress." Prov. 17:17.

For, "wherever there are jealousy and contentiousness, (or “selfish ambition”) there will also be disorder and every vile thing." James 3:16.

Then should we not watch
who into our lives
as intimate friends
bring?


Our Creator to Moses to his people did exhort:

"You must not follow after the crowd to do evil,
and you must not pervert justice by giving testimony to go along with the crowd." Exodus 23:2.

Also,

“Have nothing to do with a false accusation, (or word) and do not kill the innocent and the righteous,

for I will not declare
the wicked one righteous." Exodus 23:7.

Commandments
given
if to make
The Almighty One
proud.

Also, here is His exhortation
again stated aloud:

"My son,

if sinners try to entice you,
do not consent.

If they say: “Come with us.
Let us set an ambush to shed blood.
We will lie hidden, waiting for innocent victims without cause.

We will swallow them alive as the Grave does,
Whole, like those going down to the pit." Prov. 1:10-12.

Flee at once!

Your life not to forfeit.

For, "True wisdom cries aloud in the street.

It keeps raising its voice in the public squares.

At the corner of the busy streets it calls out.
At the entrances of the city gates it says:

“How long will you inexperienced ones love inexperience?
How long will you ridiculers take pleasure in ridicule?
And how long will you foolish ones hate knowledge?


Respond to my reproof.

Then I will pour out my spirit for you;
I will make my words known to you.

Because I called out,
but you kept refusing,

I stretched out my hand,
but no one was paying attention,

You kept neglecting all my advice
And rejecting my reproof,

I also will laugh when disaster strikes you;

I will mock when what you dread comes,

When what you dread comes like a storm,

And your disaster arrives like a storm wind,
When distress and trouble come upon you.

At that time they will keep calling me,
but I will not answer;

They will eagerly look for me,
but they will not find me,

Because they hated knowledge,

And they did not choose to fear Jehovah.

They refused my advice;
They disrespected all my reproof.

So they will bear the consequences of their way,

And they will be glutted with their own counsel.

For the waywardness of the inexperienced will kill them,
And the complacency of fools will destroy them.


But the one listening to me will dwell in security
And be undisturbed by the dread of calamity.”

Thus said the One whose Word Is Truth:

"Hope in Jehovah and follow his way,
And he will exalt you to take possession of the earth.

When the wicked are done away with,
you will see it." Psalm 37:34.

Comments

Popular Posts