Escape

Escape (contest Quote #2 - ImKahy)


Circling round as by a full moon led, eclipsed into stark darkness a once warm glowing sun overhead as voices ominous continually fed a hunger for affection, addiction, death, or just spawned a life creepy horrid lived in crippling dread.

So to run from what's inside my head, I pounded a pavement rain or shine to cleanse myself of a blinding state of mind. Or swam, walked, or took steps steep to climb into fatigue and sweetly sleep.

Freeing my body of pure junk-food, I ate breakfast, vegetables, on wholesome foods learned to thrive; also on mentally encouraging finds, I gorged, whether from a book or friend, I'd hoard phrases fine to uplift/strengthen my spine.

But lately, mainly for God's Word, my heart hungered for wisdom inclined, to happiness incite now, also for a future of total peace, as my personality, I fight hard to daily refine with verses as: "All the days of the afflicted one are bad, But the one with a cheerful heart has a continual feast." To help my negativity cease dwelling on my past errors made, difficult to release.

For: "If errors were what you watch, O Jah, Then who, O Jehovah, could stand? For with you there is true forgiveness, So that you may be held in awe." Relieved I am that I too am valuable, even if meds, I take. For my Father notes my tears and tosses to rears the account of all my mistakes.

Comments

Popular Posts