IF IT SHOULD DELAY


IF IT SHOULD DELAY (Contest Chain poem contest. Points: - Willb491)


If it should delay

as a child sings "Are we there yet?"
hoping a grand adventure to soon begin

ringing, ringing
loving parents ears
as patiently to distract them
they do, to focus on things 
like games to play or out of the window to gaze at birds flying high, a brilliant blue sky, clouds to imagine as inanimate beings or to read quietly.

And for a moment they do obediently comply.

Yet, even before the journey began
parents sat up at night making plans while their children comfortably, sometimes uncomfortably slept

even during morning or afternoon sun
blazing or overcast
gloomy kept

when a toddler stumbled,
when a girl or boy of three broke a toy then wept,
when a wise one of seven questioned 'why' since unjustly felt a disciplinary decision,
when a preteen in angst felt bewildered after a love union left them feeling bereft,
when a teen denied God's existence; replaced it with doubt and indecision,
when a young man to war was sent without return, his family in agony bent,
when an adult married in bliss, then in wantonness adultery could not resist, or money necessary in vices spent,
when grandchildren in gratefulness arrived only to suicide and/or violence in darkness ride,
when parents or spouses to cancer succumbed and survivors mourned, wondering if ever they'd overcome.

Yes, a loving Father always there, we can petition, question,
outpouring emotionally angrily share

in tuned always to entreaties lent

as an ancient brother demonstrated:

"How long, O Jehovah, will you forget me? Forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long will I have anxious concern,
With grief in my heart each day?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?" Ps. 13:1, 2.


Or, "How long, O Jehovah, must I cry for help, but you do not hear? How long must I ask for help from violence, but you do not intervene?

Why do you make me witness wrongdoing?
And why do you tolerate oppression?

Why are destruction and violence before me?
And why do quarreling and conflict abound?
So law is paralyzed,
And justice is never carried out." Hab. 1:1-4.


But remember, also prophesied: "For look! darkness will cover the earth and thick gloom the nations". Isa. 60:1 As "the last days critical times hard to deal with" proceed. Vesting mankind with vast emptiness as a cloak. Divesting humanity of morality . . . to the majority a by-gone joke.

However, honest-hearted ones
the fulfillment of this vision must heed:

"The angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the earth raised his right hand to heaven, and he swore by the One who lives forever and ever, who created the heaven and the things in it and the earth and the things in it and the sea and the things in it:

“There will be no delay any longer." Rev. 10:5, 6.

Glorified Jesus swears,
not by himself,
but by the highest Authority of all,
Jehovah, the immortal Creator of the heavens and the earth

stated, many will recall:

"I made the earth and created man on it.
I stretched out the heavens with my own hands,
And I give orders to all their army.”

"For this is what Jehovah says,
The Creator of the heavens, the true God,
The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it,

Who did not create it simply for nothing,"
but formed it to be inhabited:

“I am Jehovah, and there is no one else." 

"Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth,
For I am God, and there is no one else.

By myself I have sworn;
The word has gone out of my mouth in righteousness,
And it will not return:

To me every knee will bend,
Every tongue will swear loyalty
And say, ‘Surely in Jehovah are true righteousness and strength.

All those enraged against him will come before him in shame." 
Isa. 45:12, 18, 22-24..

"When the wicked are done away with, you will see it."

Then wonderfully,
there will be no unrighteous one to blame.


Following Cheval

Comments

Popular Posts