I Love You . . . and, Yet


I Love You . . . and, Yet

I love you to life
as we live it each spring
with all of its glorious

vibrant living offerings:

a sprouting anew:
yellows, reds, greens
and violet tulips
to also push through

as rebirth continues to ensue
overturning soil, though with nutrients embued.

Our love climbed as a vine
blossoming in rainwater,
with ardent prunings,
despite a bit of thunder and lightning,

frightening

shivering our leaves through in through.

But a brilliant sun rose
to dry out our tears.

Frozen any anger
over circuitous years.

We continue as a future still promises
to set us squarely to face intimate fears.

*

I'll love you to death
in winter bereft.

Yes, dying our enemy
leaves variant memories left

as pages, we turn
in situations where we learn patience, gratitude, forgiveness
even squash some needling regrets.

We overcame hills seeming mountainous, a grind
as we seemingly traveled an unchartered path
by following practical, ancient set doable
loving guidelines

ending upended
rolling around in soft foliage

cuddling as we heartily laughed.

Humor a necessity to traverse human time. 

Yes, we can still see love conquer
lest we not forget: "Love never fails."

Especially if protected as a jewel.

"Be wrathful, but do not sin;

do not let the sun set while you are still angry;
do not give the Devil an opportunity." Eph. 4:26, 27.

For love cures all ails.

So, I love you I do... and yet,

not to my spiritual detriment
with any reticence, you may suspect to know

not a totality in love
will I to you in love show

if asked to do anything
uncomfortable or questionable, for love
"does not behave indecently,"

and total devotion
only to God Almighty,
I whole-heartedly give

for only to Him
does it in deservance
go for all eternity. Since, "God Is Love".

as our universe in intricate beauty
magnificently shows

and He'll repay anything I lose
if I have to let it flow as twigs on a river
rapidly rescind

raging
my heart in a tragic spin
because of a loyalty, I must defend.

I know He'll even help me
if needed to mend:

Yes, this "God of comfort"
Will aid me, even then
with time and effort

To Love Again.

Comments

Popular Posts