Untitled

[ When hands ]

When hands
on grandfather's clock
creep, crawl
minds
at times
loudly tick-tock
in shadowy halls 
smoking
within
blazing
ire

roasting,
toasted 
by degrees of hatefulness

dispensed;

then as rapids to proceed
in raging speed

without 
paddles to hold back.

Attack! Attack!... Today's common react.

More defenses,
deformed
caustic nuances
not hidden
born
of bridges
not,
torn down;
erected cell
towers
to cower
in singular shells:

"Whoever isolates himself
pursues his own selfish desires;

He rejects all practical wisdom." Proverbs 18:1.

Not to excel...
unless compelled to receive clearly this advice:

"Like an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold
Is a wise reprover to the receptive ear." Proverbs 25:12

I listen to hear.

A voice calls me out into the streets
repeats from paved roads back
to a time of cobblestones
with horses clip-clopping in majestic melodic sweet tones

stilling chronic groans:

"Is not wisdom calling out?
Is not discernment raising its voice?


On the heights along the road,
It takes its position at the crossroads.

Next to the gates leading into the city,
At the entrances of the doorways,
It keeps crying out loudly:

“To you, O people, I am calling;
I raise my voice to everyone.

You inexperienced ones, learn shrewdness;
You stupid ones, acquire an understanding heart.

Listen, for what I say is important,
My lips speak what is right;
For my mouth softly utters truth,
And my lips detest what is wicked." Prov. 8:1-7.

Yes, surround myself with 'truth' spoken by a 'company of young men like dewdrops'. Then, no longer 'lonely'

for I will have found my home:

"And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works,

not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near." Heb. 10:24, 25.

Comments

Popular Posts