The Apocalypse--A Revelation ... Chapter Two



The Apocalypse--A Revelation ... Chapter Two


https://allpoetry.com/poem/13498964-The-Apocalypse--A-Revelation-...-Chapter-One-by-Lucretia-Mccloud

Sabrina exited the crowded
campus fleet of feet

burdened
a load heavy
her heart.

Wondered how'd her semester end
after commencing classes

obstinate
her start.

Her journey took her,
becoming usual her stead,

passed home to the veteran's cemetery

where down she laid childishly
her throbbing angry head

wept to water not ever wilting daisies
gracing the headstone of her beloved father's.

Only recent dead.^

"Daddy, I know you can't hear me,
as peacefully asleep you lay.

I envy your ease
as I endure these stressful long days.

But why did you leave me
when I need you the most?

As the world keeps it's groaning in darkness.

No meager meek boast."

As Sabrina mouthed sorrows
for seepage out
sewage pain,

Wayne watched from a distance
as began a light rain

as dusk begins its descend.

He leaned to approach
drew back--just how to pretend?

when Sabrina sat up on her knees
hair lifted on brisk wind

a softness of face showed tranquility transcend.

Remembered Sabrina
her father quoting comforting words:

"Can a woman forget her nursing child
Or have no compassion for the son of her womb?

Even if these women forget,

I would never forget you." Is the quote that she heard from another Father beloved

stroking her soul in comfort.

Gently raised her spirits
as to the prophet Isaiah
she too encouraged

'courage' to gird:

"For I, Jehovah your God, am grasping your right hand,

The One saying to you,
‘Do not be afraid.

I will help you.’"

Sabrina left the gravesite humming a song
Wayne recognized

as to a brotherhood internationally
comprised

motivating her a mission not to despise

lifting her to aspire to wisdom profound
as an eagle soaring heavenly skies

to levels
little birds
timid

refuse to fly:

How can I repay you,

what gift can I give

To thank you, Jehovah,
for the life that I live?

I look in my heart
with your Word as my mirror;

The person I see,
may you help

me

see clearer.

My life I have promised
in service to you,

But not from mere duty
will I do what I do.

Whole-souled and wholehearted

I serve you by choice;

May I
be one more

who makes you rejoice.

Help me to examine,

and help me to see

Just what sort of person
you desire me to be.

Those loyal to you,
you will loyally treasure;

May I be among those who bring

your heart pleasure.
*

No longer Sabrina inclined
to erect an invisible wall solid

as a hindrance to 'truth revealing';
a thankless weak alibi

His will
not to

abide.

Comments

Popular Posts