Skin-for-Skin?


Die a blasphemer?... Not his desire.

How great his love
us

does 'selfless' inspire
to advance God's Kingdom interest

first.

“I am thirsty.”

Fulfilled--prophetic verse:
"My strength has dried up like a piece of pottery;

My tongue sticks to my gums;

You are bringing me down
to the dust of death." “It has been accomplished!”

his integrity to exclusive devotion--
not overcome!

“Skin for skin. A man will give everything that he has for his life."

This lie Satan expounded;
yet, Jesus proved this untrue in sacrifice.

Though,

“Eʹli, Eʹli, laʹma sa·bach·thaʹni?”
"Jesus called out with a loud voice."

“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

Our lives lived in bitterness and strife
we too can prove loyal

modeling Christ's faithfulness to his Father's loving advice:

"Be wise, my son,
and make my heart rejoice,

So that I can make a reply to him who taunts me."

Let this too be our daily
deliberate

choice.





https://allpoetry.com/poem/13220068-Skin-for-Skin--by-Lucretia-Mccloud

Certainly! This Man Was God's Son!" http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014732?q=Forsaken+me&p=par

Write a poem for contest “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”'
Mark 15:34 English Standard Version (ESV)

' And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”'

This verse in Mark 15 v. 34 'My God, my God why have you forsaken me' really has been in my head over many years before I became a Christian, even in my time of childhood as it was a verse that I couldn't read it without it stopping me in my tracks and making me ponder what it all meant.
So now I would love to hear your thoughts on it and what it means to you in good rhyme poetic form. Just tell what it says to you and your life in the past or now, I look forward to hearing some great poetic spiritual truth to lift us all to heaven above.no Bible bashing
no chat talk
no adult
nothing rude
no erotic
no sensual
no bad or offensive language
must be RHYME.
Only one poem allowed per poet.

Comments

Popular Posts